300g courgette flower (rinsed and chopped)
1 courgette (chopped)
2 green peppers (peeled and sliced)
2 large potatoes (diced)
2 fresh chillies finely chopped, can use dry chilli (optional)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup soy cream or oatly cream (add at the end)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· Pour oil in a pan, add onion, chillies, garlic and fry 3mins. Then add chopped flowers (keep some for decoration) & cook 2mins.
· Cut peppers in half a put under the grill, with the skin facing it and leave them until skin looks burnt and black. Remove from grill and place in a plastic bag or sealed container. Let them cool down and then remove skins under cold water. Then slice and keep on the side.
· Add stock, chopped courgettes and diced potatoes to the pan and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Add salt and pepper to season (optional). Turn off the heat.
· Blend soup with a hand blender and pour in cream (optional), sliced skinned peppers and courgette flowers.
· Serve and drizzle with cream and tortilla chips (optional).